St Anne's Parish Hall is located several hundred metres from the church, at the bottom of the Church Road hill (100m from A30), and serves as the Village Hall. It was built by public subscription and was opened in 1925 by HRH the Duke of Connaught. The Hall is a regular venue for Scouts, Mother & Toddler groups, Women's Institute, Good Companions, execise classes, dog training etc. It is also used for one-off events including receptions, parties (though not parties for teenagers), and commercial and charity sales. If you would like to equire about hiring our Parish Hall please complete the form below.
Basic Venue information
The Parish Hall
- seats approx 85 people but is licensed for a maximum of 126 people.
- dimensions are 7m (23ft) x 19m (62ft).
- has limited on-site and very limited on-street parking available. Various public parking spaces and on-street parking are a 2 min walk away.
- is available for hire in the context of receptions following on from public services such as baptisms, weddings or funerals as well as family gatherings.
- has baby changing facilities.
- is also available for children's parties (up to the age of 12).
- has no projection or amplification facilities and no hearing loop.
- has a hot water boiler and basic domestic kitchen facilities.
- is available for hire to commercial businessses.
- does not allow the use of bouncy castles or other inflatables due to insurance reasons.
- has a strict curfew of 11.30pm (this includes the time for tidy up after an event). This is to protect the neighbours from noise disturbances.